Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Cut Above

In honor of 30 Rock doing a live episode tonight, I'd thought I'd share this classic clip that proves that the best moments in comedy are those that aren't scripted: the infamous "Ed Ames Tomahawk" incident from the April 29, 1965 Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Guest Ed Ames- who played an Indian on the popular western Daniel Boone- gave a demonstration of his skill with a tomahawk. What happened next...well, just watch.



No matter how many times I see this clip, it never fails to make me laugh, even though I know exactly what's going to happen. Everything about this is perfect- especially the way Carson is able to regain his composure and throw in a one-liner at just the right time. Truly, the funniest moments- both in life and on television- are those you weren't expecting.

THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON and all related materials are ©2010 Carson Entertainment Group. No ownership intended or implied.

No comments:

Post a Comment